Return of the Matchmaker: Totally Random Love Fanart Contest (Story and Rules)

[Image: matchmaker_big.png]

It’s time once again time for another TSUG fanart contest!  This contest may in fact be the most unexpected of them all, because no entrant yet knows what they will draw!  Much like how love is a mysterious game of chance in the real world, so will this contest be left up to Lady Luck!

Contest Title – Return of the Matchmaker: Totally Random Love Fanart Contest

Contest Story

It was a busy day at the Groove, Beverly Hills' premier outdoor shopping center.  Exceptionally wealthy shoppers dressed in the latest fashions could be found throughout the massive complex’s multitude of boutiques and cafes maxing out their Ultra Platinum credit cards, unafraid of the mountain debt being accrued due to the fact that it would undoubtedly be paid off by their hefty trust funds.

However, one shopper in particular was not bustling along as normal.  Instead, she was standing, several shopping bags in hand, staring mystified with her jaw agape at the sudden emergence of a strange metallic pink Easter egg-like pod that had displaced one of her favorite non-fat latte spots in the outdoor mall.  The girl with the golden fan like hairdo, affectionately known to her friends and countless boyfriends as Clover, looked like she had just seen a ghost. 

“It’s back,” she said to herself in complete bewilderment.

“You too can find your truest love,” the device spoke back to Clover in its robotic yet acutely female voice.

Clover peered at the strange contraption closer and once again read a shiny plaque with the words,  Arrow Through the Heart Dating Experience

Suddenly, the metallic hatch-like opening of the pod split open like a spaceship door straight out of a Ridley Scott science fiction film.  The pod door remained open, beckoning Clover to enter and sit in one of the creepy futuristic dentist office-like chairs inside that her friends, Alex and Sam, had sat some years earlier.  A cold chill ran up Clover’s spine.

To Be Continued

How this Contest Will Work

This contest will work differently than any other contest TSUG has held before, because entrants will not immediately know what they are drawing.  Here are the six steps to entering the contest and choosing a randomized pairing.

1.  Post on this contest thread that you wish to enter.

2.  Wait for the remaining contestants to also enter the contest.  The maximum number of participants for this contest will be six fanartists.

3.  Once the number of contestants has been determined, numbers will be drawn for each participant with a randomized list generator.  The fanartist that draws number one will pick his or her pairing and setting first.  Two will go second, and so on.

4.  Six completely random yuri (girl x girl) pairings will then be generated by me using the TSUG Ship Generator.  A video will be published showing me pressing the generator six times to ensure that the results were indeed randomized.

5.  A list of six possible settings for fanart entries will be published at the same time.

6.  Contestants will then choose one of the randomly generated pairings and one of the settings to use to create their fanart entries.  Once a pairing and setting have been selected, they will be removed from the pool of choices.  Contestants must make their choices in the randomized order drawn for them.

Rules for Entries

1.  Your entry must contain the pairing and setting you have selected from the available choices.

2.  Only yuri pairings are allowed because we are using the TSUG Ship Generator that only produces yuri pairings.  Also TS male x female pairings are generally boring.

3.  The fanart produced must be romantic or sexual in nature.  This isn’t a “let’s be friends” contest.

4.  Your fanart can include a lot of skin but not fully exposed nipples or private parts.  However, if you want to go further with an alternate version of your piece and publish it elsewhere other than in this publicly viewable forum, we can’t and won’t stop you.  You can’t, however, enter such a version in the contest.

5.  TSUG fanart contests are generally lax in regards to time frames for submitting entries.  However, please keep in mind that the contest will not remain open forever and please be considerate of your fellow entrants.

Prizes

The 1st place winner will receive a trophy that will go in his or her signature.  That winner's piece will also be placed in the Featured TS Fanart section of the front page portal for all to see.

1st through 3rd place will receive:

1.  A mysterious mystery prize to be revealed with the results of the contest.

2.  Acclaim and fame from having your piece featured in a folder in the TSUG fanart gallery labeled "Totally Spies Fanart Contest Winners" and on the front page news.  Non-placing entries will also appear in this gallery folder.

Good luck to all entrants!  May Cupid’s arrows fully pierce the hearts of the characters you choose.  Who knows what fanart we will see.  It’s really all up to chance!  Anything can happen!
[Image: xmas_karen_sig.jpg]

Note:  This contest closed for new entries at the old forum.  I'm reposting the thread content here because not all entrants submitted art yet and we still need to judge the entries.  The contest just didn't conclude before I was unexpectedly forced to move to new software.  Anyways, I'l cover what happened so far in the next two posts.  Here are the results of the randomized selection process:

[Image: selection_time_big.png]

It’s time once again time for another TSUG fanart contest! This contest may in fact be the most unexpected of them all, because no entrant yet knows what they will draw! Much like how love is a mysterious game of chance in the real world, so will this contest be left up to Lady Luck!  Get ready for the Return of the Matchmaker: Totally Random Love Fanart Contest!

Pairing Randomization

Five fanartists entered the contest on the Story and Rules Thread.  Now it's time to randomize their pairings with the TS Yuri Shipping Generator!

Here is a video of the pairings being randomly selected using the TS Yuri Shipping Generator:

.webm   contest.webm (Size: 404.53 KB / Downloads: 1)

Here are the randomized yuri couples that were generated, marked A through F.

Pairing A: Bertha Bombshell x Dominique

[Image: resized_yuri_pairing_01_final.png]

Pairing B: Sam x Geraldine Husk

[Image: resized_yuri_pairing_02_final.png]

Pairing C: Mindy x Mandy

[Image: resized_yuri_pairing_03_final.png]

Pairing D: Stella x M.O.M.

[Image: resized_yuri_pairing_04_final.png]

Pairing E: Britney x Tammy

[Image: resized_yuri_pairing_05_final.png]

Pairing F: Phoebe x Mandy

[Image: resized_yuri_pairing_06_final.png]

Selection Randomization

We have also randomized the way contestants will chose couples!  This was done through the assistance of Random.org:

[Image: selection_order.png]

Here is the order in which contestants may choose a couple as determined by chance:

1.  Katira Moon

2.  BradleyEX

3.  Nextstopplease

4.  Stasis Muffin

5.  jettmanas

Contestants are only allowed to choose in this order with contestant number 1 choosing first, contestant number 2 choosing second and so on.  Please wait your turn to choose a couple.  Once you have chosen a pairing, that option will be removed from the pool and cannot be selected by another contestant. 

Setting Selection

Along with your couple, you will also select a setting for your fanart from this list of six options:

I. bedroom

II. hot tub

III. nude beach

IV. dungeon

V. WOOHP gadget lab

VI. WOOHP jet cabin

Similarly to how couples are chosen, you can only choose a setting in the order you were drawn.  Once a setting has been selected, it will also be removed from the pool of options.

Please make all your choices, A-F and I-VI, in your drawn order, 1-5, in the thread.  Thank you!

Good luck!  :laugh:

These are what the contestants chose as well as their entries submitted so far:

Katira Moon

Match Chosen:

Quote:D: Stella x M.O.M.

II. hot tub

Entry:

BradleyEX

Match Chosen:

Quote:Guess i should go with pairing C: Mandy and Mindy, along with setting III: nude beach.

Entry:

Nextstopplease

Match Chosen:

Quote:Pairing B: Sam x Geraldine Husk

VI: WOOHP jet cabin

Entry (Work in Progress):

Stasis Muffin

Match Chosen:

Quote:Pairing F: Phoebe x Mandy
Setting I: Bedroom
Phoebe x Mandy 4

Entry:  Not Yet Submitted

jettmanas

Match Chosen:

Quote:Gadget lab.

Now the tough part (sorry for the wait on deciding)-
Britney is one of the best imo. Tammy- Jer's old flame, ha. Too old to mesh w/her I think.

Bertha (looks young, thankfully) & Dom are good.
I can imagine Bertha (obsessed w/beauty & youth), cornering Dom in the lab after she's taken in for a memory wipe after seeing the spies, etc.
Ok, I choose Bertha/Dom.

Entry:

Okay, so we need two more entries, one from Nextstopplease and one from Stasis Muffin.

I was also thinking since there was a big delay in this contest, maybe I should alter the rules a bit to let in more entries.  Maybe Kokoe wants to enter? I think the way I would do this would be to draw more random couples.  Then I'd let previous entrants choose another pairing and setting if they want to enter a second artwork and let new entrants choose one too.  That way, it won't seem that unfair if you like the couples that come up in the second drawing more than the first round.  Choice order would be randomized again, but you would need to let me know if you want to do a second entry so I can add you into the new drawing.  If you are fine with one entry, there's no problem.  You don't need to enter a new piece.

(12-21-2019, 09:20 PM)Ryofu Wrote: Okay, so we need two more entries, one from Nextstopplease and one from Stasis Muffin.

I was also thinking since there was a big delay in this contest, maybe I should alter the rules a bit to let in more entries.  Maybe Kokoe wants to enter? I think the way I would do this would be to draw more random couples.  Then I'd let previous entrants choose another pairing and setting if they want to enter a second artwork and let new entrants choose one too.  That way, it won't seem that unfair if you like the couples that come up in the second drawing more than the first round.  Choice order would be randomized again, but you would need to let me know if you want to do a second entry so I can add you into the new drawing.  If you are fine with one entry, there's no problem.  You don't need to enter a new piece.

"maybe kokoe wants to enter?"

Thanks for the update on this.

Yep, once Stasis & NextStop visit the new forum (hopefully soon), we can see how they're doing on it.
Slime or whoever pops in fairly soon should be able to enter, I think.

Maybe a rough deadline of a month or so from when entries close again to motivate people. Then they can do it, or don't. Smile

I'm going to give this one more week to see if the other entrants sign up at the forum. After that, I'm going to post details about a Round 2 for this fanart contest so we can conceivably get a few new entries and revive interest in it again after the site relaunch.